Mobile Ophthalmology Unit™
|Mobile Ophthalmology Units™ (MOU) mobile ambulatory surgery facilities designed to provide on-site ophthalmic surgical services. MMIC manufactured the first Mobile Ophthalmology Unit at its factory in St. Johnsbury, Vermont to meet the needs of the Armenian Eyecare Project, a humanitarian organization that has delivered more than 200,000 on-site vision screening clinic visits and more than 15,000 vision-saving ophthalmic surgical procedures to Armenians since the Mobile Ophthalmology Unit was put "on the road" in Armenia in 2002. The Armenian Eyecare Project has produced several videos as well as a virtual tour of the "Mobile Eye Hospital" which are available to view on their website. They describe the wonderful benefits the MOU has provided to the people of Armenia.|
- Set-up and fully functional in 1 hour by 1 person
- Configured with examination rooms, sterilization area, bathroom/changing area, and operating room
- Self-contained with integrated power, lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, medical gas/vacuum, clocks, intrusion alarm, fire suppression and communications systems
- Transportable by tractor, train or ship
- Redundant systems for power, water
- UPS System
- MMIC's Mobile Ophthalmology Units can be state licensable, Joint Commission accreditable, and CMS certifiable
- Rapid set-up allows for fast delivery of patient care
- May be integrated with existing structures
- Easy to clean surfaces provide superb infection control
- Equipped with cabinetry to provide storage for medical supplies and equipment
- Telemedicine capable
MOUs provide on-site surgical and examination access to populations that lack access. An MMIC client has operated an MOU internationally since 2006 and credits the availability and use of this unit for saving the eyesight of thousands of patients. Bringing eyecare directly to the patients who need it is a value that cannot be quantified in mere dollars.
Contact MMIC today to discuss your MOU needs.